Saturday 8 September 2012

DAY 8 - WAYFORD BRIDGE TO STALHAM 



Passing Hunsett Mill again
We couldn't face the ritual of breakfast without Janet or Mandy, when we woke at 7am this morning, we made do with tea, and got underway by 8. As I was going back under Wayford Bridge, I bumped straight into the boat moored directly on the other side, and kept bumping them as I tried to straighten up. As they came on deck, I manage to get clear, apologised quickly and was off downstream.






Moored back at Swan Quay
By the time I got back to the boatyard I was fully awake, and moored perfectly at Richardsons. I was so impressed on how quickly they handled our return, within 15 minutes we were free to go, and £65 richer with a refund on the fuel deposit. We had booked the taxi to Wroxham for 10:30, so we had over an hour to kill. I asked if we could have a look at a boat that I nearly booked, the Broads Sunset. It was in their platinum fleet, it was a bit bigger, but had 3 full double bedrooms, and a large kitchen with seating area.


Broads Sunset
The Sunset, was lovely, wooden floors, and televisions in two of the bedrooms. The reason I stuck with the Mars was because of size, I had wanted to pass under Potter Heigham bridge, but as you know that  never happened. I decided that I would book the Sunset if I ever came back to the broads. We had another cup of tea and a bacon roll at the refreshment van parked just inside the boatyard.




Waiting on the platform
Our taxi from Catfield taxis arrived, and we had a good chat with the driver, he was the same driver that took us to Hickling on Thursday night. He was from London, but had been in Norfolk for over 20 years, he gave us his card and said if we came back, book him for all our excursions, I have kept his card and will use him again.





He dropped us at Hoveton & Wroxham train station, where we had a long wait for the train, but it was a nice station, and a beautiful day. We got home around 7pm, Norfolk doesn't seem to be very well connect to the rest of the UK, probably just as well, as it's a very special place.

I was back just 3 weeks, before I had to book another week on the Broads Sunset in April. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment